Training Manager (NASA)
Security Clearance: Public Trust
* Demonstrated management experience, particularly in a leadership position managing operations and fostering horizontal integration across multiple technical and engineering discipline teams.
* Proven track record of safety assurance.
* Previous experience working with government and/or NASA customers.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The Training & Crew Operations Section Manager leads the Crew Operations Team (CO) & the Payload Training (PT) Team. CO supports the development of the flight standards for manual procedures & payload displays, & represents the interests of the payload community across various boards and panels. In addition, CO helps ensure consistency in procedures across payloads & increments. CO also provides ops leads for all subrack payloads in POIF operated racks, & authors crew procedures for payloads in coordination with PDs. The Payload Training (PT) Team performs payload training in close coordination with the JSC Astronaut Office, & participates in various boards & panels. PT provides the plans & the requirements for conducting crew & ground training on NASA payloads, & manages training schedules, as well as the training metrics that are reported to the Program Office on a monthly basis. PT develops & maintains the training processes that are utilized by the POIF, remote payload ops personnel, & the crew. PT is responsible for real-time crew communications regarding payloads.
* Experience at Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC).
* Technical team building, employee training and development planning, and performance management. Strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer relations skills.
* Previous experience with ISS payload integration and operations planning. Knowledge of the principles and processes associated with payload planning and/or operations of flight hardware.
* Familiarity with Task Ordering Management and IDIQ systems.
* Previous experience managing shift workers. Knowledge and experience with Lockheed Martin policies, processes, and business practices.
* A current Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) certification or equivalent is also desired.
A Total Value package.
There is much to be said about the Lockheed Martin Total Value package. Part of the package involves a commitment to develop top talent from within as well as provide access to a wide range of training programs and services. There is also the opportunity to work in exceptional environments marked by: Project Significance, Quality People, Recognition, Learning and Development, Internal Career Mobility, Competitive Pay, Excellent Benefits.
A commitment to your work/life balance.
Part of the Lockheed Martin experience includes a focus on work/life satisfaction. We offer programs and policies that include: Flexible/Alternative Work Schedules and Casual Dress at many locations, Telecommuting, Tuition Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, Fitness Centers, Birth/Adoption Leave, Domestic Partner Benefits, Adoption Assistance.
At Lockheed Martin, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest business ethics and visionary thinking – everything is within our reach, and yours.
We invite you to explore the possibilities with one of the foremost systems engineering, software and systems integration companies in the world.
Exceptional choices in careers, challenges, and locations across the nation.
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
Join in designing, building and supporting the world’s most sophisticated military aircraft. Your involvement may include:
* The multiservice F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF)
* The proven multirole fighter F-16
Lockheed Martin Space Systems
Lay the foundation for future space systems. A sampling of programs includes:
* The world’s most powerful and advanced telecommunications satellites for government,civil and commercial interests
Lockheed Martin Electronic Systems
Pioneer, integrate and deliver cutting-edge technologies across three key areas: maritime systems and sensors, missiles and fire control programs and platforms, training and transportation solutions
Lockheed Martin Information Systems & Global Services
Delivers world-class solutions and advanced technology globally across a broad spectrum of domains.
Diversity and inclusion
What we believe…what we live. You will find that we are both a uniquely diverse and unified team; reflecting many cultures and points of view.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Number: 235617BRCBP
Click here to apply.