Senior Application Developer (Business Intelligence)
Employee Type :
Energy – Utilities – Gas – Electric
Manages Others :
Job Type :
Post Date :
Ref ID :
The primary focus of this position is to provide application software development of solutions for internal applications, notably in the business intelligence space. This position requires a great deal of problem solving ability and logical thought process. This individual will be required to perform and support the following areas: analyze problems and recommend solutions, design, test, and deploy software applications/software interfaces/databases, providing training, team mentoring, and other tasks as assigned.
* Design and develop database objects using Microsoft SQL Server
* Design and develop ETL packages using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services
* Design and develop cubes using Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services
* Design and develop reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
* Design and develop back end business logic using Microsoft .Net and other related development technologies
* Participate in prototyping (design) discussion and reviews
* Analyze requirements, technical documentation and prototypes and propose solutions to problems
* Contribute improvements to development and testing processes, technologies, and methodologies
* Validate system design by performing necessary testing scenarios
* Participate in production deployments
* Interact with other departments and team
One or more of skills listed below are required:
* SQL Server 2008
* Data Warehousing
* Dimensional Modeling
* Business Intelligence
* Excel Power Pivot
* Reporting Services
* Performance Point
* Visual Studio
* Web Services
Additional skills, experience and abilities needed:
Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in an Application Developer role or equivalent course work/training.
BS or BA or equivalent work experience
Experience working in medium to large size IT organizations with prior application development or equivalent course work/training.
Understand basic business analyst concepts and be able to assist key stakeholders in developing clear concise business requirements.
Ability to work independently in implementing solutions that solve business requirements.
Past experience with leading projects or small teams a plus.
Strong “customer service” skills that constantly seek customer satisfaction.
Must be willing to assume after-hours support responsibilities and to travel occasionally.
Avocent is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Click here to apply.