Trade-In Your Old iPad, Save On A New Model
Apple’s newest iPads are almost here. If you’re thinking of picking one up for yourself, or maybe as a gift, you might want to consider trading-in an older model to defray the cost.
First, a reminder about the new products. The new iPad Air weighs just one pound. It runs on Apple’s A7 chip, will have a 5 megapixel camera, 1080p HD video and keep the 9.7-inch Retina display. The iPad Air goes on sale Nov. 1st starting at $499 for a 16 GB model.
The iPad mini will now come with Retina display, an A7 chip and will be priced starting at $399 for a 16 GB model. It’s also coming in November.
There are a number of ways for you to trade-in your older model iPad, starting with the options below. Good luck getting a good deal and happy shopping!
- Apple’s Recycling Program – Offers giftcards in exchange for old Apple devices
- Nextworth – A buy-back website where you can trade-in your old electronics for cash
- Gazelle – Another way to recycle old gadgets, often for a monetary gain
- eBay – The auction website often has special offers on technology trade-ins for a limited time
- Craigslist – Buy or sell iPads (at your own risk) via the standard classified ads model