Create An Emergency Kit
Having a 3-Day Kit ready and packed will help prepare your family in the case of an emergency or evacuation. Keep the following items in a sturdy and easy-to-carry container and make sure it’s ready to go at all times during the year:
- Copies of important documents in a waterproof container (Photo IDs, proof of residence, insurance, birth certificates, deeds, Social Security Card, etc.
- Hygiene kit of toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, deodorant, feminine products, shaving supplies, etc.
- Non-expired medication, medical contact information, prescriptions, and first aid kit
- Extra car and house keys
- Bottled water (1 gallon per person/day) and non-perishable food (i.e. granola or energy bars)
- Battery operated radio, flashlight, and extra batteries
- Contact and meeting place information for your household and a small regional map
- Small denomination cash and ATM card
- Comfortable shoes, raingear, and blanket
- Any special care items
This information is supplied by Ready Alabama.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart