Morgan County Sheriff’s Deputy Injured In Wreck
A Morgan County deputy was injured in a wreck late Wednesday night. It happened around 9:15 p.m. on Highway 231 at Highway 36 in Lacey’s Spring.
Sheriff Ana Franklin tells WHNT News 19 the injured deputy is Tyler Watson. He was taken to Huntsville Hospital, and was released Thursday morning.
Franklin described what happened.
“It was right during the time the weather was getting really bad, he said he hydroplaned, the car lost control, and he flipped several times,” said Sheriff Franklin. “It looks like he may have hit a tree, so he had to be removed from the vehicle.”
Originally crews called for MedFlight, but the medical helicopter was grounded due to the weather.
- UPDATE: Auburn Campus to Resume Operations Thursday at 5:30 a.m.
- Teenager Charged With Murder Following Fight, Shooting in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: DeKalb Co. Deputies Arrest Man in Woods Near Matheny's Bridge Area
- UPDATE: Off-duty Morgan CO. Deputy Fires Shot at Suspect at Huntsville's South Parkway Walmart
- Interview for the World's Toughest Job - and Billions are Already Doing it